The 2017 Big Board is here! This is the definitive program for creating fully customizable player ranks/values and managing a draft board. Whether you like z-scores, standings gained points, regular points, or you don't even know what those things are, this tool will save you a ton of work and help you to win your fantasy baseball league!
After using these player value calculation methods for years to dominate my competitors in fantasy baseball, I decided to make my sheets into something that a much wider audience would find useful. I've personally put a ton of elbow grease into building this sheet from the ground up to be compatible with (nearly) every type of popular season-long fantasy baseball league out there. It was good enough to beat 278 other teams in the 2014 Sultans of Stats league, and it has only improved since then. Last year, I rode it to the championship of the top tier of the premier-league-style "Sultans of Stats", and used it to beat FanGraphs writer Paul Sporer in a highly competitive NFBC league!
Whether you're playing for bragging rights, or planning to up your game and win some money from your unsuspecting leaguemates this year, go ahead and hit the "Download!" button. It’s just ten bucks, more than worth it even if you aren’t in a money league, because who likes drafting crappy teams and losing? You'll immediately receive a unique download link for the current version of the Board, as well as access to the Google Drive where I'll be posting updated versions of the Board throughout the preseason.
So what are you waiting for? Get the Big Board!
Past users of the Big Board had this to say:
"I won my league for the first time last year, and I am chalking that up to the BIG BOARD!"
"I used your tool last year and ended up setting the record for most roto points in a season - and our league goes back to 1983! Looking forward to your master spreadsheet again."
- Fully customizable to your league's settings
- Uses z-score, SGP, or points methods to generate ranks and auction values directly from player projections
- Choose from your favorite projections (Steamer, Pecota, ZiPS, Davenport, Fantasy411 Composite, Fans), or easily make your own
- Comes pre-loaded with over 50 adjustments your favorite projection systems might miss!
- Automagically finds replacement level based on your league settings
- Set up a category punting strategy
- Calculates standard 5x5 value for reference
- Create and track a watch list
- Search players by name/position
- Shows 'best remaining player' for each position and each stat
- Auto-update ESPN/Yahoo/CBS Ranks and ADPs
- Mark+hide drafted players for in-draft management
- Track projected performance of your team vs. everyone else's, including roto ranks and remaining budget
- Track all team rosters
- Calculates inflation for auction drafts
- Supports up to 16 teams, Roto/Categories/Points, Snake/Auction, Mixed/AL/NL, CBS/ESPN/Yahoo, up to 13x14 scoring, and rosters of nearly any shape/size
- Allows separating OF into LF/CF/RF
- Allows player notes and comes pre-loaded with injury updates and multi-position eligibilities for every player
- Aging curves to adjust values in dynasty/keeper leagues
- Use the trade calculator to compare players and find the best deals
- Check out the official tutorial!
- New in 2017: Greatly expanded projections options: Pecota, more historical years (2014, 2015, 2016), xStats projections based on my work at the FanGraphs Community Blog.
- New in 2017: Standings Gained Points has been added!
- New in 2017: Z-scores, SGP, and Points versions of the Big Board have all been unified into one. Simply choose which evaluation system you'd like to use.
- New in 2017: Streamlined appearance/color scheme on every sheet for easy viewing
- New in 2017: Streamlined code for faster calculations and drafting!
- New in 2017: Easily mark players as drafted to specific teams using the new 'Draft' button
- New in 2017: By popular request, 'Combo' projections can now be set independently for Pitchers and Hitters
Please send any feedback you have, and report any bugs you encounter.
- Up to 10x10 categories will be displayed - beyond that, they will be included in the calculation but not displayed!
- Deeper leagues may need to add additional players. Default player pool goes about 1000 players deep!
Please keep in mind that this is a macro-enabled Excel sheet, so you will need to use Windows and Microsoft Excel to access it!